I Branched Out Today


There was a time when I was drowning in a sea of blue and white yarns. It seemed I had a ton of variations of the blue and white going on. These days, I'm swimming in an ocean of pink and brown. Three layettes of pink and brown. I met a new baby cousin for the first time this month, and discovered that pink and brown were her colors too. I had already been working on this blanket, taking my time with it, but with her in mind, I was inspired to finally give baby beanies a try. A quick Youtube search turned up the perfect pattern: a granny stitch! You know how much I love my granny squares. It took me an entire day to get it right, but I finally got a workable little hat, and even more ambitious was the flower attachment. I absolutely LOVE crocheted flowers!! When I was growing my 'fro, I'd search Etsy and other crochet shops for pretty hair flowers. I was never disappointed. They stayed on my wishlist. Now, I can finally make my own. Neither the hat or flower are perfect, but they are pretty damn good.


This entry was posted on Saturday, July 24, 2010 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

That hat is beyond adorable! Great job!

whenever i learn a baby is on the way or has just arrived, i get that creative burst where i'm just itching to make something for them.

pink and brown go together so well. beautiful work!

Anonymous  

wow! they look so cute and really comfy.

Words sharing Motivation
Sometimes, better yield, not because you're wrong, but because of the beat, you do not lose who you love him.

may be useful and accepted it, Greetings and success always waiting for me behind the visit: D

good luck and go ahead to continue with its web activities
positive obat alami kanker payudara