
My recent visits with Renee and Ty have reminded me that there is some Peppermint goodness hidden in my cabinet and a lonely jar each of peanut butter and jelly that could be busy at work, feeding my soul. So, the bread and butter knife have been fetched and the honey has been added as I embark on my 6 page "final" journey. I can't say I am sad to see this semester end, but I can say that I will awake tomorrow with a breath of fresh air.
I am looking forward to the coming weeks, absent of deadlines, and jam packed with dead space that can be filled with anything that I choose. I am dying to be behind some artistic expression that doesn't require too much thought, just a lot of passion. My crochet hook misses me dearly. I have neglected it and the two gigantic balls of yarn that peacefully beg to be transformed into a toasty granny square.
I have been thinking a lot lately about the possibility of following in the footsteps of Ty, Tameka, Brooke, Maricris and every other crafty talent in the bloggy world and opening up my very own Etsy store. I never knew there was such a thing until meeting these ladies. I always tell myself that I am going to sit down and build my inventory of various versions of the same blanket for sale, and then it happens, someone has a baby and I can't resist the urge to give a blanket as a gift. And if I sell a blanket to a friend or family member who has just welcomed a new little one I feel all kinds of guilty. Even when I drop the asking price ridiculously low. Its silly, I know. If you want business you have to let that pleasure and those personal feelings go, right? Or at least not let them stand between you and your potential income.
Next week I plan to hop to it. Break out the bag and get busy. Maybe even set aside a little cash for some new yarn since I need to take Miss J to pick out a color or two for the blanket that she has been asking me to make her. This could be the beginning of something wonderful.
eu9 thai
7 months ago













5 comments